We did a lot of tests with horses, which, to the despair of their owners, destroyed different synthetic mouthpieces very quickly. These same horses didn’t destroy the Winderen gel bit. We even let dogs chew on it to ensure the strength of our gel. As carnivores, they have much sharper teeth and stronger jaws. Winderen bits performed more than satisfactorily.
System of interchangeable mouthpieces and cheek pieces
As we all know, choosing the right bit can be quite a challenge. A horse’s needs can change over time, so when designing the Winderen Gel Bits System we wanted to make the process of selecting the right bit for the needs and temperament of your horse as easy as possible.
This is why we have created a system of interchangeable cheek pieces and mouthpieces. This innovative solution lets you connect any of our mouthpieces with our entire range of cheek pieces, allowing a wide range of possibilities and modifications in the functionality of our bits. The other important thing is that mouthpieces and cheek pieces can be quickly and independently interchanged as often as you like.
Compliance with FEI requirements
One of the priorities we set when designing the Gel Bits System bits was its compliance with FEI requirements. Thanks to that we were able to design a bit that meets guidelines of the jumping, dressage and eventing rules:
- a smooth surface of the bit
- made of synthetic, durable material
- all mouthpieces' hardness allowed by the rules
- tongue relief port with acceptable height
- 18 mm thickness, suitable for both horses and ponies
- cheekpieces allowed for dressage (loose ring, eggbutt, D-ring and baucher)
- the shape of the curb bit and all lengths of cheekpieces allowed by the rules
- white and orange bit color not forbidden in all disciplines
Our Gel Bits System complies with the 25th edition of the FEI Dressage Rules, the 26th edition of the FEI Jumping Rules and the 25th edition of the FEI Eventing Rules.