What is it?
Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer contains a combination of ingredients to support the digestive system from the stomach to the hindgut while licking enhances saliva production which helps buffer stomach acidity. Slippery Elm and Seaweed Meal are included as a source of mucilage while a prebiotic supports beneficial gut bacteria and a live probiotic yeast helps provide a buffering action in the hindgut.
With increased magnesium levels and a low starch content Pro Digest Balancer is suitable for any horse but is especially aimed at those prone to digestive upsets.
A spiced apple flavouring is included to tempt fussy feeders and the high specification Horslyx Balancer package includes the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and trace elements required to balance the deficiencies in forage and grazing.
Why should I feed Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer?
- Pro Digest Balancer is suitable for any horse or pony, but especially those prone to digestive upsets.
- To support the digestive system of horses that develop digestive upsets while on medications
- To support poor doers and older horses that lose condition
- For any horses that develop loose droppings
- Suitable for those horses prone to gastric ulcers when fed correctly
- The spiced apple flavouring is great for fussy feeders
- Licking enhances saliva production, which helps buffer stomach acid and support the digestive system.
- Licking takes time and patience, which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom.
- Perfect for older equines with poor dentition that struggle to eat hard feed.
Mucilage: Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) and Seaweed Meal (Ascophyllum nodosum) are included in Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer as both contain mucilage. Mucilage, also known as soluble fibre, can be particularly beneficial in horse with inflamed mucous membranes and digestive conditions. Mucilage absorbs moisture within the stomach and can form a protective layer reducing the effect of excess acid on the stomach which may be helpful in terms of gastric ulcers.
MOS: Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer contains a prebiotic yeast extract containing MOS (Mannanoligosaccharides), which helps to flush pathogens out of the gut and Beta-glucans which helps stimulate the growth of beneficial gut bacteria resulting in a healthier balance of bacteria and so can lessen digestive upsets.
Actisaf: A live probiotic yeast, is included in Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer to help support digestive health and maintain healthy gut function and help reduce the risk of digestive discomfort. Probiotics pass through the stomach and small intestine and are then functional within the hindgut. They cannot colonise the hindgut and so need fed daily for sustained results.
Antioxidants: A combination of powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E, Selenium, chelated Copper and Zinc are included to support and maintain a healthy immune system, which maximises the ability to support and aid healthy joint function.
Apple Flavouring: A spiced apple flavouring is included in Pro Digest Balancer to tempt fussy feeders.