We did a lot of tests with horses, which, to the despair of their owners, destroyed different synthetic mouthpieces very quickly. These same horses didn’t destroy the Winderen gel bit. We even let dogs chew on it to ensure the strength of our gel. As carnivores, they have much sharper teeth and stronger jaws. Winderen bits performed more than satisfactorily.
Compliance with FEI requirements
One of the priorities we set when designing the Gel Bits System bits was its compliance with FEI requirements. Thanks to that we were able to design a bit that meets guidelines of the jumping, dressage and eventing rules:
- a smooth surface of the bit
- made of synthetic, durable material
- all mouthpieces' hardness allowed by the rules
- tongue relief port with acceptable height
- 18 mm thickness, suitable for both horses and ponies
- cheekpieces allowed for dressage (loose ring, eggbutt, D-ring and baucher)
- the shape of the curb bit and all lengths of cheekpieces allowed by the rules
- white and orange bit color not forbidden in all disciplines
Our Gel Bits System complies with the 25th edition of the FEI Dressage Rules, the 26th edition of the FEI Jumping Rules and the 25th edition of the FEI Eventing Rules.