1 multi-dose vial of 100ml
Treatment of diseases of the respiratory system of equines in acute, chronic and exacerbation or exacerbation phases, and in particular chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
DOSAGE AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Route of administration: intravenous route.
Posology: the recommended dosage is 5-10 mg of n - acetylcysteine / kg of body weight / day, to be administered for 5 - 15 days according to the clinical evolution of the disease, intravenously. The corresponding quantities of injectable Equimucil to be administered daily based on the weight of the subject to be treated are therefore the following:
- subject weight: 50 kg; n-acetylcysteine: 250/500 mg; equimucil (200 mg n-acetylcysteine / ml): 1.2-2.5 ml
- subject weight: 100 kg; n-acetylcysteine: 500/1000 mg; equimucil (200 mg n-acetylcysteine / ml): 2.5-5.0 ml
- subject weight: 200 kg; n-acetylcysteine: 1.0 / 2.0 mg; equimucil (200 mg n-acetylcysteine / ml): 5.0-10.0 ml
- subject weight: 400 kg; n-acetylcysteine: 2.0 / 4.0 mg; equimucil (200 mg n-acetylcysteine / ml): 10.0-20.0 ml
- subject weight: 500 kg; n-acetylcysteine: 2.5 / 5.0 mg; equimucil (200 mg n-acetylcysteine / ml): 12.5-25.0 ml
Injectable equimucil has a sulphurous odor that does not indicate any alteration of the preparation, but is specific to the active ingredient contained therein. The intense fluidification of the bronchial secretion is evidenced by an increase in coughing, breathing noises and nasal discharge in the first days of treatment, which is generally followed by a reduction until they disappear, with consequent cleansing of the respiratory tract. In the event of ongoing infectious processes, a general antibacterial treatment should be associated with injectable Equimucil.
None reported. Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.